Thursday, November 12, 2009
answer to assignment #2
I could make sacrifices for the schools in central Asia because,most of the children in who live there barely have anything.So giving up anything for them would help them in one way or another.The Mortenson family had to go without their father for months at a time so he could work on finishing,and starting more, schools.I would go without a family member for a while to have the children in Central Asia get an education.Those kids have to do their studies on cold grounds and don't have any materials to work with either.Another thing Amira and her family had to do was,trying to raise lots of money to help the pennies for peace fund.I would be able to do that to because alittle money from our country goes a long way to buy materials for the schools in asia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Olivia! That is a very sweet response [; I like how you listed a lot of reasons.
ReplyDeleteI like your thinking Olivia, and I agree with you on some parts of your blog. I also think that I could go without a family member for a month or two, but going without someone for months on end? Think of all the things that you could miss, and while you are helping kids all over the Middle East, sometimes your own family is important too.
ReplyDeletegood you talked about why you would give those things up and used text from the book explaining it.
ReplyDeleteOlivia, you're so giving!
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how selfless this blog post is. I thought it was great that you talked a lot about the children that Greg was building schools for.
:]